|Activities to Promote Peace|
1. Take responsibility for your power to create the "daily weather" within your work setting
2. Address each student by his or her name.
3. Listen to what your students say.
4. Be aware of what your student's nonverbal communication suggests.
5. embrace cooperative learning activities.
6. Maintain zero tolerance for violence.
7. Be passionate about your own learning.
8. Search for, recognize and reward virtue.
9. Constantly assess the level of physical and emotional safety in the environment.
10. Teach that violence is learned and can be unlearned.