Supplemental Educational Services
Indian River Central School District is committed to providing a quality education to all students. As a part of this commitment, the District offers an extra school support service called Supplemental Educational Services (SES). The District currently provides SES tutoring services to 77 of its 377 eligible students.
Your child is eligible for SES if he/she attends the Indian River Middle School, which is a Title 1 school, and is eligible to receive free or reduced lunch. There are currently 289 students at the middle school that are eligible for these services. Indian River Middle School was recently identified as a school in need of improvement under the No Child Left Behind legislation of 2001 due to the fact that a sub-group of students did not make adequate yearly progress on the state English Language Arts assessment. These SES or tutoring services are free to your child. We expect to be able provide SES/tutoring to all eligible students. If there are more students than funding, students with the greatest academic need will have first priority.
The SES or tutoring services will provide your child with help in the areas of English Language Arts, including reading and mathematics in order to ensure the overall success of your child. The following are the providers with whom the District has contracted to provide tutoring services to your child:
- ATS Educational Consulting Service - Project Success, Contact: Renee Weaver-Wright or Kimberly Noe (800) 297-2119, e-mail: email@example.com, web site: http://www.atsprojectsuccessworks.com/
- Club Z! In-Home Tutoring Services, Phone: (800) 434-2582, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
web site: www.clubztutoring.com
- Jefferson Lewis BOCES, Contact: Renee Carpenter (315) 642-0125 or Marcy Grenier (315) 779-7000, e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Innovadia, Contact: Amit Agarwal (800) 634-3803, e-mail: amit@OnlineSesTutor.com,OnlineSesTutor@gmail.com, web site: www.OnlineSesTutor.com
- Murray Learning Services, Contact: Susan Van der Meulen, (315) 695-4443
- Reach for Tomorrow, Phone: (703) 818-1425, e-mail: email@example.com, web site: www.reachfortomorrow.org
Detailed information on these providers can be found in the Related Files section below, along with the parent letter on these services to students and a selection form.
These providers take into account the needs of all students, including students with disabilities and students with limited English proficiency. Services will take place in your home, here at school, at locations in the community, or online. You will decide on a location with the provider. Here is a link to a complete list of providers for Jefferson County: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/nclb/ses/ApprovedProviders/.
If you have any questions about your child receiving these free SES tutoring services, please contact: Mary Anne Dobmeier, Assistant Superintendent, at (315) 642-3441. You are encouraged to talk with your child's teachers, counselor, or other school personnel for input into the selection of a tutoring provider.
If you decide that you want your child to receive SES services, please complete the parent selection form (see below) and send your form to: Mary Anne Dobmeier, Assistant Superintendent, Indian River CSD, 32735B County Route 29, Philadelphia, New York 13673 by December 22, 2011. Once this is received, information will be sent to the provider you selected to arrange for services to begin.
||pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.
||pub file: You need Microsoft Office Publisher in order to view this file. Visit the Microsoft website to learn more about viewing options.