|Middle School Guidance - Ms. Castello » Summer School
Summer School Registration dates in the Middle School Guidance Office:
Monday, June 24, 2012 from 7:15 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Tuesday, June 25, 2012 from 7:15 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
All completed registration packets must be turned in by June 27, 2012.
Please call Ms. Castello if you are unable to attend either of these times.
Summer School Location:
Indian River High School
July 10 - 12, 2012 (Tuesday - Thursday)
July 16 - August 9, 2012 (Monday - Thursday)
August 13 - 14, 2012 (Monday - Tuesday)
Summer School Hours:
7:30 - 11:55 a.m.
7:40 - 9:45 a.m.
9:50 - 11:55 a.m.
Social Studies 7 (Ms. Doll) or Math 7 (Mrs. O'Brien)
English 7 (Ms. Condino) or Science 7 (Mrs. Destefanis)
*If a scheduling conflict arises and a student has failed two classes that meet during the same period, he or she may be scheduled into a second class that was previously passed. Students will not be penalized due to scheduling limitations.
All Indian River Middle School students may attend summer school free of charge.
Students will also be responsible for damaged, lost textbooks, and unpaid review books.
Summer School is a 6 week (22 instructional days) program. Since the summer program is an abbreviated schedule, great emphasis will be placed on punctuality and school attendance.
Students must attend at least 20 days of instruction to receive credit. All absences from a class in excess of 2 will result in the student being dropped from the course. Students that are more than 15 minutes late to class will be charged 1 absence. Students less than 15 minutes late to class will be charged 1/2 absence. Special extenuating circumstances will be left to the discretion of administration.
It is mandatory that all students behave in such a manner that will not impede the educational process and respect the right of others. Students are expected to follow all the normal school rules as defined in the Student Discipline Code. Students who violate school rules will be subject to the same consequence as defined in the Student Discipline code except that there will not be detention. Students who are disruptive will be removed from class. Students will be dropped from Summer School enrollment on the third disciplinary referral or at the time of a serious infraction.
1. Students are not to loiter or wander in the building.
2. Harassment, bullying, and intimidation are prohibited and may result in expulsion.
3. There is no smoking or use of tobacco products on school property.
4. Possession of illegal/illicit items will result in expulsion.
5. The dress code for summer school is the same as the traditional school year.
6. Students are responsible for any textbooks or equipment issued to them. It is the student's responsibility to guard these materials for if they are damaged, lost, or stolen they will be held financially responsible.
7. Students should come prepared to class everyday. They should bring a notebook, pen and pencil and be mentally prepared to begin work. Students must make a conscientious effort.
8. Students who come early and/or have a period between classes should report to the cafeteria.
9. Students should not use or display electronic devices or cell phones, etc. from 7:30 - 11:55 a.m.
10. Students must speak and behave in an acceptable fashion. Failure to conform to proper standards as determined by the school authorities will result in dismissal from class/summer school.
NEED HELP DOWNLOADING:
||doc file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Word website.
||docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Office Viewer for Word 2007 File Format.
Ms. Castello's Guidance Website
Indian River Middle School
32735A Co. Rt. 29
Philadelphia, NY 13673