Transportation Home Page
Be aware that your child(ren)'s transportation (busing) could change - Due to an increase in student numbers, high volume on the buses and/or opening of housing. We make every effort to keep parent and your child's school informed of any changes as they occur.
Please check the school calendars for any early dismissals. Keep in mind that if you need to change your child(ren)'s afternoon drop-off point due to early dismissal or otherwise, please contact your child(ren)'s school so a bus pass can be written.
Reminder: The school and transportation need to be informed of anyone who has permission to get your child on and off the bus. We appreciate being informed for the safety of your child(ren).
Indian River CSD Policy: All Kindergarten children must have a parent or authorized person at the bus stop.
Please follow the guidelines below when contacting the transportation about your concerns:
- My child's bus is late this morning ~ Please call our phone (315) 642-0331 or First Student (315) 642-3242.
- My child is late getting home ~ Please call our main phone number (315) 642-0331 or First Student (315) 642-3242.
- I am moving into a new home or my child needs to go to a babysitter ~ call your child's school
- Transportation has Updated / New Policies and Procedures
Please check the following sections (on Transportation website) for any updated policies and procedures:
- School Policies
- Documents & Forms (Bus Expectations)
- Postcards for the new school year will be mailed August 28th.
- Beginning of each school year, pick up and drop off location is reset to home.
Therefore, if pick up and/or drop off location is not at home - then please inform Transportation of the correct location(s) by September 3rd.
DO NOT PASS A STOPPED SCHOOL BUS
It is against New York State Law to pass a stopped school bus with it's red lights activated even in a loading zone such as a school parking lot. Penalties for doing so are:
1st offense - $250 minimum to $400 maximum or 30 days imprisonment or both.
2nd offense - within 36 months: $600 minimum to $750 maximum or 180 days imprisonment or both.
3rd offense - within 36 months: $750 minimum to $1000 maximum or 180 days imprisonment or both.
Documents & Forms